Thursday, January 12, 2012

MOLDOVA DAY 5: Last Day In Moldova



'Pretty' the Chinchilla
I just climbed up in my top bunk for the last time(this trip). We wrapped up today with a day out at the market.  It was great. The first part of the market is like a little animal village.  They had the cutest dogs and rabbits. I wrapped my heart around a little furry chinchilla. I was going to bring it home as a gift for the Husband but was quickly reminded that I wouldn't make it past customs. I was slightly heartbroken but quickly found something else to cheer me up.
I would buy these really hot boots that look like a chinchilla!!!
They didn't have my size! =-( Double blow to the heart!

The market was huge.  It was like an outdoor American flea market on crack.  I took lots of pictures of things.  I figured instead of buying something for everyone, I'd take a picture of all the great things I saw and show everyone.  After all, it is the thought that counts, right?



 The men's suits were amazing.  Impeccably stylish and only $200.  I really wanted to get one for the Husband and the Brother. It didn't work out so I again reverted back to plan A...take pics!  I took pictures of the beautiful drapery and linens.  Just gorgeous.  I didn't manage to make a purchase for our niece.  Her birthday party is Saturday. 

We left there and went back to the mall.  On the way, I sat with Stella. She is little and such a cutie pie.  She told me about the time she was in the hospital.  She lit up as she spoke about her teacher actually coming to the hospital to visit her.  She said her Mom and Dad came to see her and people would bring lots of food.  "I felt so special and important.", she said.  I told her, "YOU ARE SPECIAL AND IMPORTANT!" She smiled and put her head down and quietly agreed.  



When we got back to the mall, I whipped out the camera to take pictures of all of the BMWs, Mercedes and expensive cars that lined the mall.  Unreal. We went in and straight up to the fourth floor food court.  We were there for a while just hanging out and chatting.  I think one of the most valuable things I'll take away from this trip are the new friends I've made across the U.S. and in England. Trey and I will soon be heading up to Knoxville, TN to hang out with some really great new friends. 

This has been an eye-opening trip.  One that I will not quickly forget.  I can't wait to start working on the video.  You just have to hear these stories and see these places to really believe it.  Until then, my heart and prayers are here and I hope that yours will be as well.  I will miss these girls - and guys.  They are high-class, stellar people.  It is time to get home to my Husband and my family & friends who I miss dearly.

It is now just after midnight here.  I am packed and ready to head out in just over three hours.  Signing out for the last time on this trip....MK-->O&O

Me, Valentina, & Sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers