Sunday, January 8, 2012

DAY TWO: Church, Food & Santa

Today was a great day complete with a visit from Santa Claus and two really cute little elves. We started off with a great service.  They sang 'Our God Is An Awesome God' in Moldovan/Romanian.  BEAUTIFUL. You have never heard such beautiful praise & worship before in all your days.


Jet lag must have gotten the best of me because I went right to bed afterwards.  When I woke up it was time for the concert they had prepared for us.  It was amazing.  From skits, singing and poetry readings they amazed us all yet again.

Christmas dinner followed.  It was a spread complete with several Moldovan dishes, pork meatballs, peas & carrots, chicken, mashed potatoes, pot roast(pork), cabbage rolls, homemade bread and rolls. I could go on and on.  The girls helped Crissy(Mom) prepare it all.  
During the week, they all cook for themselves. 





       

The best part was when Santa made a visit.
(They celebrated Christmas yesterday).
Each one of them got big boxes(standard copy paper cases) full of gifts.  I don't mean recycled Christmas gifts or $1 Store stuff(not hating. I <3 $ Store), but really great gifts.  So much of it was donated by churches across the U.S.  It was amazing! 




CHECK OUT ALL OF THE PICTURES: CLICK ME TO SEE PICS!

So I am always saying there is nothing greater than having a sister! No offense Josh! LOL. Everyone knows I'm totally obsessed with my baby brother, but there is a bond between sisters that is unlike any other. I think that is my favorite part about these girls.  THEY ARE TRULY FAMILY! The way they cherish each other is truly priceless! Most have grown up together from the orphanages and they are all that each other has. They cook for each other, take care of each other when ill, and are always cheering each other on.  It's truly a sight to see.

Tomorrow will be another big day! We're going to the Straseni orphanage to deliver Christmas shoe boxes. That's something I've always wanted to do. Pictures will follow you can believe that! It's going to be unbelievable. Many of the girls here grew up at Straseni.


It's now 1:30am(5:30pm CST).  It is time for bed.  The fun continues tomorrow. Until then...

MK --> O&O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers